Friday, December 2, 2011

My 2 year old likes consequences.

Today at breakfast Rylee threw her cereal on the floor, so I immediately put her in timeout on her bed and then had her pick up her mess.  The only problem is that she likes timeout and was happy to sit on her bed and as she was picking up her mess she was giggling!  I don't think the giggling was in defiance or because she thought what she had done was funny she is just a happy girl.  Oh my what a funny thing to be trying to figure out.  Is it an effective punishment when she enjoys it?  I don't know what other punishment I could give to a 2 year old.  Oh well, I wouldn't want her any other way she is so special to me and I love her dearly, she certainly makes life fun!


1 comment:

  1. I made a scrapbook page about Claire at 2 when James tried to give her consequences for giving tiny infant Jackson a tiny piece of green bell pepper. ugh, those are the memories that stick with us. I guess just congratulate her for taking her consequences with a cheerful heart!

    ReplyDelete